Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ms. Do-It-All (NOT!!)

As you can see, it has been a while since my last post. I have been extremely busy managing work, family, etc. To respond to your question Mrs. C. Alexander, I serve quick and easy meals, grade papers at work (or sometimes while in bed), and sew everyday (even if its just adding a buttonhole). For me, sewing is more than making clothes, its my AIR! I have to do something creative everyday or I can't breathe!!! It takes about a week to make a complete garment, sometimes longer. I do a little sewing everyday. I usually break down my project as follows:

Friday Evening: Cut out fabric and transfer marking (all while watching What Not To Wear, my favorite show)
Saturday: I spend Saturday mornings cleaning and doing laundry. In the afternoon, I sew.
Sunday: I can find about an hour on so to sew something.

Monday-Thursday: I can spend anywhere from one to two hours a day to work on a project.

Friday: The process starts again.

I am never in a rush to finish a project, I just keep working on until its done. It helps that my children are not babies anymore and they are very independent. Also, I finally trained my husband to do some housework and that helps a lot!

Although I haven't posted in a while, I've been sewing. I have a few projects to share with you, check back soon. Here is a sneak peek:




See Ya Soon,
K

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your "Ms. Do it all (not)." I have been trying to do it all but have not succeeded. I am going to take your advice to plan, read, and do in steps. My goal this year to make at least 50 skirts. I love wearing skirts. I will love the fact that the skirts will be fitted and designed for & by me. I have other projects in mind but that is something I always wanted. I never really enjoyed cooking so knowing you make fast and easy meals helps me breathe better. Thank you again for your advice to try to be creative everyday and plan my projects in steps.

Unknown said...

P. S. I love your blog. Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration for busy creative working moms and wives everywhere.

darmap28 said...

I really like your site I just can't find a place to follow you or put you on my blog.http://allthingscolorful.blogspot.com/