Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to Work


Oh well, the winter break is now over and I have to return to work tomorrow. Back to lesson plans and grading assignments. I really enjoy what I do but it can be exhausting! I get up every morning at 5am to be in my classroom by 6:45am. If you haven't guessed it, I am a teacher. I teach Family and Consumer Sciences on the high school level. That's home economics for you old school people. I specialized in apparel and interior design.


That's me (on the right) helping one of my students with layout and cutting.

Although I teach sewing, I do not consider myself an expert seamstress. I am more like an intermediate sewer. Sewing, like many other disciplines, is an on going study-you can't possible know all the techniques. I am constantly learning and when I find something that works, I teach it to my students. I hope to become an expert someday but until then I'll just keep learning.

2 comments:

Bee Happy!! said...

Count your blessings. You are working in a field you are interested in.

Unknown said...

Thank you for starting your blog. I am also working at a job I love (clinical laboratory scientist). I am a beginner sewer. I would like to know how you time manage work, cooking for the family, grading homework (for me, it's reading journals) and starting or finishing sewing projects.